[wpkg-users] [OT] wpkgExpress first release

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Sun Jun 28 12:22:32 CEST 2009

Hi,

thanks for your
>>     I just tried the rc2 release and get the same problem ...
>>
>>     Here is the trace of my apache2
>> I'm not able to replicate this issue. There is not supposed to be a
>> physical installer directory. wpkgExpress uses CakePHP which is an MVC
>> framework. "Installer" is the name of the controller being passed to
>> index.php with a default action of "index".
>>
>> I am not quite sure why apache is not allowing the url to be correctly
>> interpreted by CakePHP. It seems either the .htaccess in the root or
>> webroot/ folder are not being correctly interpreted. Try checking the
>> permissions on the .htaccess and index.php files. I had modified the
>> permissions of the files and folders in 1.0-r2 because of permissions
>> problems that arose from having packed and uploaded the first release
>> from a windows machine.
>>
>> I'm using xampp for linux 1.6.7-beta4 (Apache 2.2.9 and PHP 5.2.6) to
>> test on my laptop here and was using 1.7.1 (IIRC) for windows on my
>> main desktop for testing/development purposes.
> OK !!! I'm a bit silly !!
>
> The mod_rewrite of apache2 isn't active by default ...
> I had to do a :
> cd /etc/apache2/mods-enabled
> sudo ln -s ../mods-available/rewrite.load rewrite.load
>
> to active it on an ubuntu jaunty system!!!

The correct command would've been
 a2enmod rewrite
but setting the link manually is of course possible, too.

To make sure that the .htaccess is really used, in apache2.conf rf.
sites-/enabled/default make sure that the "AllowOverride" setting
has been set to "All".

I'll try the new wpkgExpress release tomorrow at work.

Thanx,
Falko