[wpkg-users] WPKG from CLI works & synchs; WPKG client service starts successfully, but does not synch :-/

UNL | TRIO | IT Support t3itsupport at unl.edu
Mon Jun 29 17:11:14 CEST 2009

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> UNL | TRIO | IT Support wrote:
>
>> I did, it _does_not_ fail. It successfully is initialized, but isn't
>> doing anything after.
>>
>> Here is what I found in chronological order in the Event Viewer:
>>  - WPKG Service trying start...
>>  - WPKG Service->RegisterServiceCtrlHandler: successfuly done
>>  - WPKG Service->SERVICE_START_PENDING: successfuly done
>>  - ServiceStart
>>  - Set script security context: successfuly done.
>
> Well, so it executes correctly and you most likely don't hit the known bug.
>
> Could you check "Show" in WPKG user interface, to see if it hangs
> somewhere?

I did that too, on 3 machines, with no change in the outcome. I also,
installed the beta - WPKG Client 1.3.6 - version to see if that will
address the problem, but nada.

For now, I am resigning to the option of having to invoke WPKG via
Windows Task Scheduler and investigate this further, later. Thanks for
all your help!