[wpkg-users] [OT] wpkgExpress first release

mscdex mscdex at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 18:42:36 CEST 2009

On 6/29/09, luca_manganelli at comune.trento.it <
luca_manganelli at comune.trento.it> wrote:

> from the CakePHP website:
>
> http://book.cakephp.org/view/34/Production
>
> I note that all the required files are not in the package...

The only directory that is actually required for a CakePHP application is
the "/cake" directory they show on that page. That is the directory which
contains the CakePHP core, and I have that contained in the wpkgExpress
archive (the "cake" subdirectory). It is a tad confusing because the page
you linked to is setting up CakePHP to be used in a shared environment where
you can have one single CakePHP core, but multiple applications in
subdirectories (the "/app" directories). However, since I'm only bundling
CakePHP with one application, I've configured it slightly differently. Rest
assured though, all the required files are there :-)

I greatly encourage any other questions/comments/concerns about wpkgExpress
to be posted to the wpkgExpress Google group, so they can all be organized
into one place.