[wpkg-users] Applying a transform to MSI - is my syntax correct?

Chris Wilcox not_rich_yet at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 16 15:12:12 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to install an MSI which has a transform file to be applied containing the serial number and disable auto-updates.

I can run a command prompt and install it fine but the WPKG client always fails to install the app with the following install cmd:

<install cmd='msiexec /i "%SOFTWARE%\OpenMindSP5\Setup.msi TRANSFORMS=%SOFTWARE\OpenMindSP5\copysn.mst" /qb-' />

The file paths are correct but I'm lost with what errors may be there.  Event Viewer on the workstation tells me:

Could not process (install) 'Openmind Service Pack 5' (OpenMindSP5);

Exit code returned non-successful return value (1619) on command 'msiexec /i "%SOFTWARE%\OpenMindSP5\Setup.msi TRANSFORMS=%SOFTWARE%\OpenMindSP5\copysn.mst" /qb-'

Am I missing something blatently obvious?