[wpkg-users] Recording registry changes

Anders Nilsson andersn at isy.liu.se
Tue Mar 17 10:22:41 CET 2009

I'm looking for a recommendation of a program to record registry changes
(and possibly file changes) when installing software, or plugging in
hardware for that matter.

I've tried using something called Installrite
(http://www.epsilonsquared.com/installrite.htm) which kind of works. The
only problem to me is that it seems to record all changes, not just the
ones related to my installation, and finding out what matters and what
doesn't is beyond me.

Although I'm not a skilled enough programmer to write such a program, it
seems to me it should be possible to make it track the changes only made
by a certain process. Perhaps that is just too difficult.

Anyway, any suggestions for such programs?

  /Anders