[wpkg-users] forcing thunderbird reinstallation

Robin Roevens robin.roevens at cocks.be
Thu Mar 5 10:38:08 CET 2009

You will possibly also have to add the uninstall command to the upgrade
section of your package..:

<upgrade cmd='"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Thunderbird\uninstall\uninstall.exe"
-ms' />
<upgrade cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\thunderbird\Thunderbird Setup 2.0.0.19.exe" -ms'
/>

 Since I'm not sure the installer will  update a thunderbird version equal
to the one being installed.

Regards
Robin

wpkg-users-bounces at lists.wpkg.org wrote on 05.03.2009 10:34:21:

> [image removed]
>
> Re: [wpkg-users] forcing thunderbird reinstallation
>
> Tomasz Chmielewski
>
> to:
>
> Andrea Crotti
>
> 05.03.2009 10:33
>
> Sent by:
>
> wpkg-users-bounces at lists.wpkg.org

> wpkg-users
>
> Andrea Crotti schrieb:
> > I made a very stupid mistake, when downloading the update of
thunderbird to
> > my local smb share I didn't check for the language, so it's everything
in
> > english now.
> >
> > The problem is that is the last version and so of course the
uninstaller
> > check doesn't work.
> > So I just want to force the reinstallation, but how??
>
> Increase the revision - it will make "upgrade" commands started on all
> workstations having a lower revision for this package.
>

> --
> Tomasz Chmielewski
> http://wpkg.org

Denk aan het milieu - is het nodig deze mail te printen?

** Email Disclaimer:
** This e-mail and the information it contains may be confidential, legally privileged and protected by law.  Access by the intended recipient only is authorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system.  Any review, distribution, reproduction, publication or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.