[wpkg-users] Firefox and proxy settings

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Mar 10 10:00:56 CET 2009

Hi Luca,

Luca Manganelli wrote:
> in the wiki, in order to put proxy servers automatically in firefox, you had to put two file, "all.js" and "mozilla.cfg"
>
> (see http://wpkg.org/Firefox#Locking_user_preferences_.2F_Firefox_settings_for_all_users_.28like_proxy_etc..29 )
>
> but it don't tell how to put these commands in the package.xml
>
> can you tell me how to do this?

Well, currently I have limited access... but in general you might either
use simple 'copy' or 'xcopy' to copy/overwrite the file or you might
prepare a self-extractor archive (e.g. 7-zip self extractor) and just
add it as an install/upgrade command.

Personally I am using a set of install helper scripts (unattended.cmd,
unattended-postinstall.cmd...) and I would simply add a copy command to
the unattended-postinstall.cmd script in this case. Use the mailing list
archive to find listings of these scripts I posted recently.