[wpkg-users] Hosts, profiles, etc folder?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Mar 10 10:31:26 CET 2009

Hi Luca,

> Wow, can Jscript read through directories? I believed that that feature is disabled for security reasons...

Hmm, probably it's disabled for "internet zone" but I had no problem on
local NAS or Samba server. I am also not aware of any bug reports
claiming that packages/*.xml are not read.

So yes, I think it's not restircted and I don't know why it should be
restricted. Just opening a directory to read its content (as long as you
have permissions on the directory) is a valid operation.