[wpkg-users] Applying a transform to MSI - is my syntax correct?

Chris Wilcox not_rich_yet at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 16 16:21:19 CET 2009

> > > Error 1619 means that the MSI package was not found:
> > >
> > > http://wpkg.org/MSI:_Windows_Installer
> > >
> > > Hint: installer is looking for this filename:
> > >
> > > "%SOFTWARE%\OpenMindSP5\Setup.msi
> > TRANSFORMS=%SOFTWARE\OpenMindSP5\copysn.mst"
> > >
> > > Which means you have quotations in wrong places.
> > >

> > I'm still lost with this one, the files do definitely exist in the
> > locations, you can see WPKG call the MSI (you see the configuring
> > windows installer screen) which disappears almost instantly.
>
> Is the error message in the Event Log still the same?

Yep, even if I just run (note I've been altering file/folder names just to make sure):

<install cmd='msiexec /i "%SOFTWARE%\OMSP5\OpenMind.msi" /qb-' />

It still fails on 1619 - I can navigate to this directory and run the MSI and it runs fine...

Getting lost now, possibly time to try another day!

Chris