[wpkg-users] WPKG and rebootcmd

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Mon May 4 12:40:38 CEST 2009

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
Vladimir Psenicka schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I have problem running rebootcmd script within config.xml. I have
> changed rebootcmd to:
>
> <param name='rebootCmd' value='tools\reboot.bat' />

Change this to:

  tools\\reboot.bat

> and in event log on win machine I have this error:
>
>> Could not process (install) package 'IE8 CZ 32bit pro Windows XP' (ie8cz-xp):
>> Could not locate rebootCmd '\\faramir\netlogon\wpkg-testing\tools<file://faramir/netlogon/wpkg-testing/tools>
>> eboot.bat'..
>
> Why is wpkg interpreting "\r" in vaule of rebootcmd?

The config file is XML, so \ is used as an "escape character".

\ should work as well I think.

Something like that too, although I didn't check it:

<![CDATA[
       \a path\to\a\file
    ]]>

http://wpkg.org<http://wpkg.org/>
You should be able to use the regular slash too.

Example:
tools/reboot.bat

Windows does allow using the slash as the separator too, not only the backslash.