[wpkg-users] Exception on broken server package

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Wed May 20 01:16:44 CEST 2009

Hi Malte,

Malte Starostik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed WPKG 1.1.0-M21 today and stumbled over a small bug:
> I provoked WPKG by removing an installed package (listed in wpkg.xml) from packages.xml
> This leads to an exception in line 4612 because serverPackage is null and getPackageName()
> only checks the name attribute for null but not the node itself.
>
>                 var serverPackage = getPackageNode(getPackageID(upgradePkgNode));
> ===>                logStatus("Remove: Checking status of '" + getPackageName(serverPackage) +
>                                 "' (" + (iSortedPkg+1) + "/" + sortedUpgradeList.length + ")");
>                 if (serverPackage != null) {
>                         // start upgrade first
>                         installPackage(serverPackage);
>                 }

Thanks for the report. You could try the latest version from SVN (1.1.0-M30):
<http://wpkg.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/wpkg/wpkg/current-development/wpkg.js?view=log>
or directly:
<http://wpkg.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/wpkg/wpkg/current-development/wpkg.js?revision=68>

But I take this input to improve getPackageName() too. This fix will be included
on next commit.