[wpkg-users] Package Dependency

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Wed May 20 16:05:17 CEST 2009

simplesi wrote:

Hi again
I was asked to install MS PhotoStory at one school this afternoon and  since
I have packages for this and Media Player 10 (which it needs installing
first) I thought I try out the package dependency facilities

I placed this code in my profile

..
        <package package-id="mp10" />
        <package package-id="ps3" >
                <depends package-id="mp10" />
        </package>

and set priority of mp10 to 150 (ps3 is standard 100).

wpkg tried to install mp10 and failed due to an error and I expected that
ps3 wouldn't be attempted tp be installed but it tried! (and failed because
it needs MP10 or MP11 installing first)

Have I misunderstood how dependency/priorities work/made a mistake or is it
a bug?

Using WPKG-1.1.0-M21

regards

Simon
<<
Simon,

The dependency needs to be placed in the package, not in the profile.

There is no dependency attribute in the profile, only in the package.

---
Stefan