[wpkg-users] Spybot - Search & Destroy

beadlej beadlejames at hotmail.com
Fri May 22 22:20:08 CEST 2009

I really want to thank all of you for helping with my problems getting this
started. I did as you guy told me and updated the wiki with Defraggler and
Malwarebytes.

My issue now is with Spybot. There is a page on the wiki about it, however
it's outdated as the new version of Spybot (1.6.2) disables the feature to
uninstall silently. I decided to revamp it to uninstall manually deleting
the folder and the registry keys, however my issue is with the installation.

When installing Spybot there is a line to autoimmunize the computer as
follows:

        <install cmd='"%PROGRAMFILES%\Spybot - Search &
Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /taskbarhide /autoimmunize /autoclose' />

When I do the same command in the command prompt it works just fine. However
when I do it with wpkg it gives the error code 1. Everything else works
great. Do any of you have an idea how to solve this?

Thanks,

James Beadle