[wpkg-users] wpkg client on windows 98

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Sat May 30 12:54:22 CEST 2009

Hi Andrea,

Andrea Zagli wrote:
> does it works?
>
> i tried to install the latest wpkg client on windows 98 but at the end i
> received an unspecified error (i think about installation of wpkgsrv)
> that rollback the entire installation

I am not sure if there is a WPKG client for Windows 98. Also wpkg.js is not
really tested on Windows 98 (however if WSH is installed it should work).

As Windows 98 does not use any privileges there is actually no need to run WPKG
client - you could achieve the same by running wpkg.js via task scheduler, logon
script... Just adding an entry to HKLM\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
should be sufficient.