[wpkg-users] check type "logical"

simon.begin at institutsmq.qc.ca simon.begin at institutsmq.qc.ca
Fri Nov 6 19:08:37 CET 2009

I'm testing a check type="execute" to install software if the computer is
member of an MS AD group.

This check works well alone::
         <check type="execute"
path='\\sc18\Sources\WPKG\Packages\tools\groupmember.cmd "G WPKG tstpkg"'
condition="exitcodeequalto" value="0" />
It installs the package if the computer is member of the AD Group "G WPKG
tstpkg"

However it will Allways install the package as the condition will allways
be true.
So I need to add a second condition so it will check if the package is not
already installed. This is where I bug::

<check type="logical" condition="and">
         <check type="execute"
path='\\sc18\Sources\WPKG\Packages\tools\groupmember.cmd "G WPKG tstpkg"'
condition="exitcodeequalto" value="0" />
         <check type="file" condition="exists" path="c:\tstpkg\tstpkg.dat"
/>
</check>

Both check works well alone.

If I put "AND", it works, but it will still allways install. (the 1st
check is allways true)

If I put "OR" it will install to anyone, regardless of the group member.

I need some way of doing
IF check#1 then
     IF check #2 then
          install package