[wpkg-users] Prevent install and uninstall only for certain profiles/applications [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Michael Chinn Michael.Chinn at gbrmpa.gov.au
Thu Nov 5 23:33:10 CET 2009

I had a similar issue for acrobat elements vs acrobat standard
I created an acrobatBase product that installed acrobat elements but detected all acrobat versions
(eg acro 7 or acro 8 or elements 6 or acro 8 pro) and removed only elements.
When I then installed acrobat standard or pro acrobatBase remained installed.

You could accomplish the same with office
officeBase = install office 2003, checks for office 2003 or 2007, removes 2003
office2007 = install office 2007, checks for office 2007, removes 2007

Other packages can then be dependent on either officeBase or office2007

Michael Chinn
PC Support Office
Information and Communications Technology
Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
2-68 Flinders Street
PO Box 1379
Townsville Qld 4810

Ph:    07 4750 0855
Fax:   07 4772 6093
email: michael.chinn at gbrmpa.gov.au

Visit us at: http://www.gbrmpa.gov.au
If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately
by return email and delete all copies. Any unauthorised use, disclosure or
distribution of this email is prohibited.