[wpkg-users] Just running one package at each run

Wed Nov 11 22:01:01 CET 2009

The first request should be fairly easy to do: just add only one application at a time to your profiles. This is good practice anyway - if something goes wrong with an installation, you would want one application messed up, not dozens.

If you buy a new computer that needs everything installed at once: turn on that computer for the first time in your lab and let it sit there for a day to install all your applications.

For the second request, you could set up WPKG using task scheduler to run only once per week. Schedule it to run on Monday on some computers, Tuesday on some others, and so on.

Alternatively, create a new profile just for the new application. Every day, update the hosts file by adding the new profile to a few more hosts. You can do that with a script that runs nightly.