[wpkg-users] wpkgMessage via GPO Problem

rpeasp-wpkg at yahoo.de rpeasp-wpkg at yahoo.de
Wed Nov 18 16:53:07 CET 2009

Thanks for the fast response. Works now :). I think i was a little bit confused because the readme auf wpkgMessage does not mentioned it and i tried myself with run and call statements, just did not get the START command.

Any chances to get this (the wpkgMessage) work with vista and windows seven? I know about the new security concept, but perhaps there is also an solution available?

> Hi,
>
> added a GPO with a startup script for launching wpkgmessage. The whole thing went fine if i just add something like %wpkghost%\wpkg.js /synchronize /quiet /nonotify to my > > install.bat. So i think shares, gpos and so an should work. But every time i start wpkgmessage.exe from this skript (or command line) it blocks all further batch entries. > > The wpkg.js and wpkgmessage /terminate lines will not run, nothing will be installed. Also checked my GPO against the AD documentation at the wpkg.org website.
>
> Any ideas?

You will have to launch WPKGmessage in a separate process using the START command.

At a command prompt enter "START /?" and hit ENTER for a brief description.

---
Stefan

http://mail.yahoo.com