[wpkg-users] Computer account

Lukasz Zalewski lukas at dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Thu Nov 19 18:34:32 CET 2009

le dahut wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm testing WPKG 1.1.2 with WPKG Client 1.3.9. The file server is a
> Samba PDC.
>
> In the "Path, user" tab I've check "Use computer account and password".
> When I run in a command line 'net start wpkgservice' it fails with error
> 3534 "The service did not report an error."

AFAIK you can only use Computer authentication feature with Active
Directory and possibly with Samba as domain member to AD. I have tried
to use this with Samba PDC with ldap backend but to no avail. Check
samba logs for more information (you might have to up log level quite a
bit tho). I have seen a message posted to samba mailing list regarding
machine authentication but have not seen any responses yet. If I'm wrong
please do let me know as this is very cool feature that will allow
writing logs to a network share in a sane way.