[wpkg-users] mutlple profiles for 1 client

Jacob Jarick Jacob.Jarick at amdel.com
Mon Nov 30 09:17:46 CET 2009

> This way WPKG would _always_ add profile2 to any host.
Yes that is _exactly_ what Im trying to achieve.

I can see what your suggesting, it just seems a very reverse way of
thinking.

basically have:
.+ -> everyone profile

and for each profile I wish to include everyone (every profile) I create
a meta-profileA which points to profileA + everyone profile.
I will answer my own question, WPKG for some reason only allows 1 regexp
match for each host.

To give an example:

WS.*		-> all workstation software (notepad replacement, etc)
WSAUST.*	-> all australian software profile (intranet etc)
WSAUSTLAB	-> software for AU labs

using this method I do not have to re-add default software to every
profile or have a metal profile for every single profile to support an
all computers profile.