[wpkg-users] How do you handle 'plugins' e.g. Flash etc?

Chris Wilcox not_rich_yet at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 7 18:07:51 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I rolled out WPKG across 16 sites during the past 8 months.  It's working really well but occasionally I hit a problem with some plugins (e.g. Flash Player) whereby the user will initiate an update themselves, meaning that when WPKG next runs it detects that the version in the package xml file is not installed, initiates an installation but can then hang because a hidden screen is not shown with a relevant message about newer version already being installed, that type of thing.

With the frequent amount of updates for things like Flash, Shockwave, Quicktime, Sun Java etc, how do you all handle these?

Chris