[wpkg-users] First time installation of WPKG

ycdwbycid wpkg at climber.nl
Fri Oct 16 11:41:42 CEST 2009

Hi,

(moderator... wrongly posted in Installation/Setup instead of WPKG... sorry)

I made a host.xml, profiles.xml, package.xml according to the
http://wpkg.org/WPKG_QUICK_INSTALL quick installation  guide

start wpkg.js from the command line >> does install DIA as specified
start wpkg.js from the command line >> it detects DIA is already installed
deinstalled DIA
start wpkg.js from the command line >> does install DIA as specified
deinstalled DIA

install the client
and my settings look like this:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <configuration>
  <file>\\nas-svr\Software\WPKG\wpkg.js</file>
  <net-use-machine-account>NO</net-use-machine-account>
  <path-user>SomeUser</path-user>
  <path-password>somepassword</path-password>
  <exec-user>SYSTEM</exec-user>
  <exec-password />
  <parameters>/synchronize /nonotify /quiet</parameters>
  <silent>YES</silent>
  <pre-action />
  <post-action />
  <show-GUI>NO</show-GUI>
  <logon-delay>0</logon-delay>
  <logon-message-title>WPKG Software Deployment</logon-message-title>
  <logon-message-logo-picture />
  <logon-message-1>WPKG is installing applications and applying
settings...</logon-message-1>
  <logon-message-2>Please wait, don't restart or power off your
computer...</logon-message-2>
  <priority>normal</priority>
  <stop-service-after-done>NO</stop-service-after-done>
  <laptop-mode>NO</laptop-mode>
  <server-connecting-method>standard</server-connecting-method>
  <server-connecting-ip />
  <server-connecting-timeout>3</server-connecting-timeout>
  <server-connecting-script-timeout>3</server-connecting-script-timeout>
  <server-connecting-script-file />
  <log-file />
  <run-on-shutdown>NO</run-on-shutdown>
  <shutdown-delay>10</shutdown-delay>
  <logon-interrupt-password />
  </configuration>

obviously pressed the 'Test Settings' button:
Testing complete
2 - OK
0 - failed
6 - not tested
Details:
Action: Connecting to \\nas-svr\software\WPKG\wpkg.js as xxxxxxx
Result: [OK]
Message:
Action: Trying to read \\nas-svr\software\WPKG\wpkg.js
Result: [OK]
Message:

checked the services....
wpkg service is on automatic, and started, but when I reboot, nothing gets
installed
The WPKG service (although automatic) is not started. When I then manually
try to start it the following message appears:

The WPKG Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some
services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the
Performance Logs ans Alerts service.

Any thoughts about what might be wrong ?
Ycd