[wpkg-users] condition="versiongreaterorequal"

Chris Wilcox not_rich_yet at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 26 16:06:58 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm reviewing my plugin versions and after a previous e-mail to the group I am looking at using the:

condition="versiongreaterorequal"

setting in the package xml files to ensure that a current or later version of a given plugin is installed, mainly to remove issues is users update plugins themselves at any stage.

However I don't quite get the usage of it.

For SunJava as an example, how would I create the check line?  The uninstall displayname is 'Java(TM) 6 Update 16' but I don't get how this fits into the check line?  Where do I get the version number from?  There is a 'version' registry key against Java which for 6 Update 16 is 60000a0, is this what I use?

Thanks for any help,

Chris