[wpkg-users] Could not process (install) WinRAR 3.9.0 Deutsch. Failed checking after installation.

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Oct 6 11:55:12 CEST 2009

Hi Hans-Werner,

Hans-Werner Friedemann wrote:
> I tryed to install WinRar 3.9.0 by using following script:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>  <packages>
>    <package
>       id="winrar390"
>       name="WinRAR 3.9.0 Deutsch"
>       revision="390"
>       reboot="false"
>       priority="70">
>
>       <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="WinRAR
> Archivierer" />
>       <install cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\winrar\wrar390d.exe" /s' />
>       <remove cmd='"%PROGRAMFILES%\winrar\uninstall.exe" /s' />
>    </package>
>  </packages>
>
> In the Errorlog appears the Message "Could not process (install) WinRAR
> 3.9.0 Deutsch. Failed checking after installation."
> How can I fix this "Bug"

Most probably WinRAR 3.9.0 does not appear with the name "WinRAR Archivierer"
within the uninstall entries in the control panel.
You're using a check for uninstall entries so the string "WinRAR Archivierer"
has to match exactly the entry shown by Windows after the installation. If it
does not match, then WPKG reports exactly the failure you get since your checks
are not met.