[wpkg-users] How do you handle 'plugins' e.g. Flash etc?

Justin Brinegar brinegar at physics.unc.edu
Wed Oct 7 19:08:35 CEST 2009

Most, albeit not all, packages can be locked down in some manner.

At my site, I lock down pretty much every application.  This includes
things like iTunes and Flash (the version of which I have pushed right
now doesn't require as much configuration as the newest version).

For iTunes lockdown ideas, you can get started by looking at the work
published here (http://www.appdeploy.com/messageboards/tm.asp?m=48088).
  Apple lists that same information here
(http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2102).

If you'd like a specific example of how to stop iTunes from
self-updating and/or prompting the user, let me know.

This of course will not solve the issue you have with wpkg, but it can
help mitigate the applications from getting updated by end users.

Justin