[wpkg-users] local WPKG settings

Hugo Monteiro hugo.monteiro at fct.unl.pt
Thu Oct 8 15:31:55 CEST 2009

Rainer Meier wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Paul McGrath wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately if you make a mistake like I did and have different server paths in your settings.xml and update all your clients then you have to revisit them all to repair them.
>> 70 down, 350 to go!

That is exactly my problem. I had the need to change the access
credentials to the wpkg share and now wpkg won't run (as expected).

> Presuming that you might still have some mechanisms in place to modify the
> registry or files remotely you don't have to do all this stuff manually.
>
> You could use psexec in order to trigger the settings update remotely.

I take the chance to also sugest winexe, available at
http://eol.ovh.org/winexe/. This will allow remote command execution
from a *nix machine. Pretty neat!

Regards,

Hugo Monteiro.

--
ci.fct.unl.pt:~# cat .signature

Hugo Monteiro
Email	 : hugo.monteiro at fct.unl.pt
Telefone : +351 212948300 Ext.15307
Web      : http://hmonteiro.net

Centro de Informática
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da
		   Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Quinta da Torre   2829-516 Caparica   Portugal
Telefone: +351 212948596   Fax: +351 212948548
www.ci.fct.unl.pt	      apoio at fct.unl.pt

ci.fct.unl.pt:~# _