[wpkg-users] using psexec to push client

Paul McGrath J.P.McGrath at leeds.ac.uk
Sun Oct 11 00:57:41 CEST 2009

It is a combination of things, psexec wants quotes around your command and windows wants quotes around the filename which has spaces in it.  You also have to put \" infront of embedded quotes (quotes within quotes).

something like this:
c:\PsTools\psexec -u usdsu.local\username -p password @ucs186.xml -d "msiexec /i \"\\usdsu.local\storage\its\uc-its\wpkg\WPKG Client 1.2.1.msi\" --SETTINGSFILE=\\usdsu.local\storage\its\uc-its\wpkg\settings.xml /qb"

You could just remove the spaces from the file name

c:\PsTools\psexec -u usdsu.local\username -p password @ucs186.xml -d "msiexec /i \\usdsu.local\storage\its\uc-its\wpkg\WPKGClient1.2.1.msi --SETTINGSFILE=\\usdsu.local\storage\its\uc-its\wpkg\settings.xml /qb"

Hope that helps

Check it just for one machine first without the computer list xml file
Paul