[wpkg-users] WPKG service + wired 802.1x authentication

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Mon Oct 19 12:15:30 CEST 2009

Mandi! Jason Oster
  In chel di` si favelave...

> If anyone has experience with any of these things (I'm a complete 802.1x
> n00b, and it just seems overcomplicated, immature, and under-supported.
> Perhaps there is even something more suitable to my needs? I am open to
> suggestion.

I'm using WPA2 with machine account, using freeradius, i think a setup
very similar to yours.

Using machine account, and delay logons, with client 1.3.6, i can get
WPKG working most of the time, still there's spurius failure (but wired
access i think are more quick then wireless one).
If you use 'user-based auth' clearly there's no chanche: wpkg run
before user logon.

In latest client version 1.3.9 offline mode does not work, in
'oldstable' 1.2.1 offline mode are very unreilable so you have to keep
it with the 'beta' 1.3.6, i think.

I'm switching to 1.3.9 with execution on shutdown; i've not done some test
with wireless-connected portable systems just now, but i hope to do
some tests in next weeks...

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php