[wpkg-users] Deploying software using AD group membership

simon.begin at institutsmq.qc.ca simon.begin at institutsmq.qc.ca
Thu Sep 24 17:25:58 CEST 2009

Does anyone already found a way to deploy software based on an Active
Directory Group membership ?

Here we used to use SMS and (hey this is a really good news for WPKG) we
are currently switching on WPKG for simplicity.
What we did is to make a Group like "App Deploy XYZ", and put Computer
objects as member of that group.
Once configured correctly, The call center here was able to deploy
software themself without even calling level 2 support - they just add
another Computer to the AD group!

I have an idea of scripting this, but I first like to know if it is either
planned on wpkg.js or if somebody already has done it.

Thanks,
Simon