[wpkg-users] Multiple remove actions for a package?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Sun Sep 6 14:21:08 CEST 2009

Hi Kevin,

Kevin Keane wrote:
> In the meantime I had actually reworked my package into individual
> dependent packages to work around this problem, and unfortunately didn't
> keep the original XML. And when I recreated the original version, it
> suddenly worked as expected. I'll do some more experimenting to try and
> reproduce the problem. It might be related to dependencies.

It could also be related to invalid XML structure (nested remove commands?) or
something similar which made WPKG parse the command different to your expectations.
In any case it's a good idea to keep independent things independently. Another
possibility would have been to use just one small *.cmd script to uninstall the
application which performs multiple actions. This would also allow you to define
the return code of the entire script as appropriate (failure of subsequent task
might be ignored for example).

Just let me know if it happens to you again.