[wpkg-users] Excluding particular OS and architecture types from patch application

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Wed Apr 28 17:06:40 CEST 2010

Mandi! Lukasz Zalewski
  In chel di` si favelave...

> P.S. In addition (sorry for being so cheeky) it would be nice to have
> arch="" in install, upgrade and remove <install arch="x86|AMD64">. I
> know one can use if %PROCESDSOR_ARCHITECTURE% == "x86" but it would
> remove some of the duplicated code and reduce possibility of a mistake

If this is a contest i definitely vote for a os='' and arch='' tag in
nodes (<package, <install|upgrade|remove, ...).

I'm not a WSH programmer (i'm not a programmer at all ;), but seems to
me that can be easily implemented without disrupt all the WPKG code (a
simple condition before loading the node...).

I think that the source of check could be some environment variable
(%WPKG_OS% and %WPKG_ARCH%?) that can be calculated on pre-script,
without adding to WPKG code the 'os detection' code that can clearly be
a mess.

If variables are not defined, simply mean 'all'.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php