[wpkg-users] Excluding particular OS and architecture types from patch application

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Wed Apr 28 14:56:10 CEST 2010

Hi Lukas,

On 28.04.2010 14:00, Lukasz Zalewski wrote:
> I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option to package
> definition which will apply a patch to only  particular OS version(s)
> ignoring others, i.e. applying patches to XP only, or Windows 7 or
> Vista, maybe with the architecture as well
> e.g.
> <applyToOS condition="equal"  target="Windows XP" architecture="x86"/>
> <applyToOS condition="lessorequal"  target="Windows Vista"
> architecture="AMD64" />
> <applyToOS condition="greaterorequal"  target="Windows 7"/>

A similar request has been pushed to the list recently. See
<http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/2010-January/006209.html>.

First of all I am still not convinced that this is the right way to go. It
increases complexity of package trees and wpkg.js while some information might
be hard to retrieve by WSH or not available at all. In addition it's pretty easy
to create a package which does not apply any software to a system with an
architecture not matching. Please see the post I linked above.

The required sample scripts which can be re-used for almost any application are
attached again.