[wpkg-users] Windows 7 64 bit, Samba, WPKG won't run on startup

Mitch Larsen mlarsen at ccfl.unl.edu
Thu Aug 5 23:28:34 CEST 2010

Hi, New WPKG user here, problem as per subject line.

I'm using WPKG Client 1.3.9-x64.msi.

The WPKG service starts on it's own just fine, but nothing installs at
startup.

I have one test package (Pidgin) configured for testing.  The package
references an unattended.cmd file, which installs pidgin and copies
files into the directory for dictionaries.  This .cmd works as long as
one is an admin on the local machine.

If I log on to the machine as a Domain Admin and run cscript
\\server\\wpkgshare\wpkg.js, the package installs fine into Program
Files (x86), and the dictionary files copy into the proper folder.

If I log on to the machine as a Domain User, and run cscript manually as
above, the package installs to
User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Pidgin, and the dictionary files
don't copy over (the cmd window hangs).

I'm not sure what to do to get WPKG to start up at startup (and run as
SYSTEM) like I thought it was supposed to do?

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie out!

Mitch

Mitch Larsen

Microcomputer Support Associate
UNL - Center on Children, Families and the Law
206 S. 13th st
Lincoln, NE 68588-0227
402-472-3476