[wpkg-users] Using BITS to transfer files?

Sean Kennedy skennedy at tpno-co.org
Wed Dec 29 05:24:33 CET 2010

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever taken a look at using BITS to transfer
files to the client?  Having recently started a new job where I have 250+
sites that I would love to use WPKG on, I have run up against a bandwidth
problem; the sites are all 128k or lower bandwidth.  I got around this
problem with windows updates by utilizing BITS ( built in to windows
since...2000?  I think ), and it got me thinking that it would be awesome if
wpkg could use the built in BITS functionality as well.

Is this one of those things that was looked at but decided against?  How
else has everyone solved the bandwidth problem?