[wpkg-users] Packages dependencies / Chain packages / Problems...help me

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Wed Dec 29 12:37:11 CET 2010

<quote>
Hello,
First, excuse me for my english, i'm french... !

I want to use WPKG to deploy but i can't use the packages dependencies with chain !!

I want to install PACKET1 before PACKET2.
To simplify, my packet1 contain an install (setup..) and my packet2 contain a copy of an INI file to the install directory of the packet1.

- My host.xml refereded to a profile-id

- In my Profiles.xml, my profile id refereded to a package-id as this :
<profiles>
    <profile id="PROFILE-TEST">
        <package package-id="PACK1" />
    </profile>
</profiles>

- In my Packages.xml, my package-id PACK1 is chain with PACK2 :

<packages>
    <package
        id="PACK1"
        name="PACK1"
        revision="1"
        reboot="false"
        priority="1">
        <install cmd='\\SERVER\WPKG-1.1.2\APP\Setup.exe -s'>
        </install>
        <chain package-id="PACK2" />
    </package>

    <package
        id="PACK2"
        name="PACK2"
        revision="1"
        reboot="false"
        priority="1">
        <install cmd='%comspec% /c copy \\SERVER\WPKG-1.1.2\APP\FIC.INI C:\APP\FIC.INI /Y'>
        </install>
    </package>

</packages>

I don't know why it does not work !
I have test others things, but systematically, the PACK2 attempt to install even the PACK1 is not install yet...and it s not possible because the destination directory doesn't exist yet.
How can i force the PACK1 install before the PACK2 install ?
Have i made an error ?
Can you help me ?
Thanks.
</quote>

Hi,

don't use CHAIN, but make Pack2 depending on Pack1 and Pack1 must be successfully installed before Pack2 will be installed.

Remove the CHAIN line from Pack1 and add a DEPENDS line to Pack2.

---
Stefan