[wpkg-users] Try to install JRE 6u18 with wpkg :O(

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Tue Feb 2 08:48:02 CET 2010

Hans-Werner Friedemann schrieb:
> Hi @ all
>
> I´ve tryed to install the "jre-6u18-windows-i586"-Package (.exe /s)
> with wpkg an get the following errormessage:
>
> Could not process (upgrade) package 'Java Runtime Environment 6 Update
> 18' (java6):
> Exit code returned non-successful value (1603) on command
> '\\Server5\wpkg\Software\jre\jre-6u18-windows-i586.exe /s ADDLOCAL=ALL
> REBOOT=Suppress JAVAUPDATE=0 AUTOUPDATECHECK=0'.
>
> I have no idea where the mistake can be...

Hello,

I have seen that several times with different Java versions. Somehow the
Java installer sometimes cannot install over an existing version. I do
not deinstall bevore upgrading every time, but when I see something like
this on a client, I use psexec from the Sysinternals Suite to run on the
client

msiexec /qn /x {26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F832160nnFF} [replace nn with
Java revision]
net stop wpkgservice
net start wpkgservice

and then installation usually works.