[wpkg-users] Old Feature Request / Perhaps New Idea

Heiko Helmle (horiba/eu) heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Wed Feb 17 10:15:09 CET 2010

Hello List,

I was looking through the archives searching for a way to find out the
Start Menu Path on different language version of windows.

I read that you considered hardcoding all possible languages.

Well - the start-menu part is saved in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell
Folders\Common Programs

If WPKG could expand some of those paths ("Common Desktop"  would also be
very useful), this could simplify lots of install scripts.

My dream feature would be WPKG able to expand any registry value into an
environment variable, which then could be used inside an install cmd.

What do you think?

Best Regards
        Heiko Helmle