[wpkg-users] Will WPKG uninstall software it did not install?

Peter Gough pmgough at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 01:40:06 CET 2010

Agreed but this isn't the scenario I was describing.

Simply put if for some reason I decide to rollout Firefox v3.5 to all of my
clients but some of my users have already installed v3.6 then wpkg may
install the older version over the top of the newer version assuming I use a
check condition that specifies the file version as v3.5..

In this scenario wpkg.js would check for the v3.5 file and when it doesn't
find it then it would attempt to install v3.5 using the install commands in
the package definition file, regardless of whether v3.6 is installed or not.

That's why I was recommending being very careful when writing check
conditions and running a full test and a small pilot group first before
implementing wpkg.