[wpkg-users] Running WPKG as a Group Policy Extention

cleitet at gmail.com cleitet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 18:04:40 CET 2010

2010/1/13 Marco Gaiarin <gaio at sv.lnf.it>

> Mandi! cleitet at gmail.com
>  In chel di` si favelave...
>
> > To avoid confusion: It is not necessary to have a Windows Active Directory
> > environment in order to run group policies, as the GPO subsystem works just as
> > well with local policies, making this work for standalone/Samba domains as
> > well. I will try to make this easy to configure later on, but first, my main
> > priority is to make it run :)
>
> More info on that?
>
> I've tried to apply automatically LGPO, but with scarce success... if
> you can point me into the right direction...

 Hi!

You might want to check out:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc784268%28WS.10%29.aspx
Especially the subheading "The Local Group Policy Object".

One thing I hav noticed is that you need at least one policy in your
LGPO - it will not run if you don't have any policies (actually it's
directory (Windows\system32\GroupPolicy) isn't created until you make
at least one LGPO).

-CL