[wpkg-users] A few quick questions

Donny Brooks dbrooks at mdah.state.ms.us
Thu Jul 1 20:45:41 CEST 2010

Hello all,

      I have a few quick questions that I hope yall can help me with.
Here at work, we are using an older verison of wpkg (most clients are
using 1.0.0.8-1.0.0.18 and the server is 0.9.8) and I would like to do a
two-fold deal here: use the current wpkg installation to push out a new
wpkg installation and point that new installation to a new server.
Should this be possible? Would I have to remove all the packages that
the old installation installed and reinstall them with the new so it
would know what it can control? Should I be able to remove the old
client using the new client?

Also, what is the best way to use wpkg to change the administrator
account password on windows xp and vista?

Any pointers are much appreciated.

Donny B.