[wpkg-users] Deploying partially over the Internet, partially locally

Thu Jun 24 11:27:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've read the thread on deploying over the Internet with great interest. I have a very similar need, but with a twist, and I want to know if there is a way to get WPKG to do this for me.

What I would like to do is have ONLY the package definitions come from the Internet. The hosts and profiles should be specified locally. Is there a way to accomplish that? It would be even better if I could get WPKG to look for packages in BOTH a local location and an Internet location.

The reason for doing it is that I manage multiple independent networks. Each has different profiles etc., but they all have many packages (such as Firefox, Adobe Reader, Flash, ...) in common. So every time Firefox publishes an update, I have to remember to upload the new package definition to all of these networks. That's tedious and error prone.

Thanks!