[wpkg-users] Feature request: identify packages by id+architecture

Thu Jun 24 14:34:12 CEST 2010

Is this the correct way to submit a feature request? If not, how would I submit a feature request?

What: I would like packages to be optionally identified by architecture (such as x86 or amd64 - should be case insensitive) in addition to the name.

Why: currently, the only way to take architecture into account is through scripting with %comspec% /c if "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%" == "x86" ... As a result, the download command will always download for all architectures even if it is not needed. It is also difficult to implement different dependencies depending on the architecture, different installer logic etc. Not to mention that it is repetitive and makes the package files hard to read.

Thanks