[wpkg-users] Start WPKG service with run at shutdown

Mark Cooke m.p.cooke at bham.ac.uk
Mon Jun 21 11:59:32 CEST 2010

Hi Dan,

In a similar situation, we use Beyond Logic's shutdown.exe to power off systems where there are no users logged in.

Ref:
  http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/shutdown/shutdown.htm

I use WPKG to copy bl_shutdown.exe to the client PC, and setup a batch file that's run as scheduled tasks:

1. At 7pm
2. After 90 minutes of being idle

BL's shutdown has command line parameters to avoid running if someone's logged in, to vary the time before the system is shutdown, and to give the user an option to cancel.  Given I only shutdown if there's no one logged in, we don't actually use the interactive options.

Finally, I haven't yet tested on Windows 7 as the majority of our systems are still XP (as we avoided Vista).

Cheers,

Mark