[wpkg-users] "The network path was not found." - Windows 7, wireless connection.

Justin Brinegar brinegar at physics.unc.edu
Thu Mar 11 20:21:35 CET 2010

This does not seem to be true for Windows XP.  I have not tested this on
Windows 7, but if I had to guess I would think it is
connection-dependent.  The user is asked to configure the Wireless
Connection (if applicable) in the OOBE when setting up Windows - which
occurs before a login occurs.  This deserves some more investigation
with multiple wireless authentication schemes.

To the original poster:

I would investigate forcing the WPKG service to depend on the Wireless
Connection.  It will not start until the service or system component
becomes available.  You should be careful with what you select, because
you may run into situations that won't let WPKG start.  I've only worked
with service dependencies on Windows XP, but I'm sure there's
documentation out on the net that will help you.  Note that the service
depends on AFD and TCP/IP by default.  That should be a start, in any case.

Justin