[wpkg-users] Periodical wpkg script execution from wprg client

Павел Баранчиков pavel at argo-tours.ru
Wed Mar 24 14:07:23 CET 2010

On Среда 24 марта 2010 16:01:01 Kevin Keane wrote:
> If you have a Windows domain, you could use SHUTDOWN.EXE to automatically
>  reboot all computers at some point in the middle of the night. If your
>  computers have Wake on LAN, you could even automatically shut all of them
>  down at 10 PM, and use WoL to wake them up (and run WPKG) much later in
>  the morning.
>
> Be aware that this will be a somewhat painful experience for users the
>  first time round; you may want to let them know in advance. Otherwise,
>  they may leave some information unsaved and find that they lost it in the
>  morning.

	There are very top-ranking coleagues, that do not turn off their computers.
For example, my director. My rank is too small to tell him, what he should do.
Usually, such users says me that they do not need any updates.
	I am to deply applications and application updates quietly and transparent to
users.