[wpkg-users] Installing Perl (PPM) modules with WPKG

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Wed Mar 31 15:04:10 CEST 2010

Hi Ari,

On 31.03.2010 12:47, Ari Constancio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install ActiveState Perl modules with WPKG, but can't
> seem to find the correct way to do it.
>
> Using 'ppm install perl::module>' on the CLI works locally.
> Using  <install cmd="cmd /c ppm install perl-module.ppd" /> on
> packages.xml doesn't work.
>
> Any clues?

Make sure cmd.exe is able to locate "ppm". Probably it's better to embedd the
"ppm install" line into a *.cmd script. Please also consider writing the output
to NUL or during debug to a file. e.g.
<install cmd="cmd /c ppm install perl-module.ppd >c:\ppminstall.log 2>&1" />

Then check the content of ppminstall.log.

Such install tools are well known to print a huge amount of output. Remember
that there is an issue in WSH (interpreter of *.js scripts) which makes it
impossible to deal properly with output written to STDOUT. So if the output is
larger than 4kB your script will just "hang".
To prevent it you might have to redirect the output to NUL:
<install cmd="cmd /c ppm install perl-module.ppd >NUL 2>&1" />