[wpkg-users] Problems with the WOW64 mess

heiko.helmle at horiba.com heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Wed May 19 16:31:13 CEST 2010

> So you're planning to use "runas" with the Administrator account I
guess. For
> sure this might be an option as well.
> This could have been a solution to the "broken Innosetup" installer
> problem some
> of us faced a while ago. Some new version of Innosetup was just hanging
during
> the installation process when run within SYSTEM context. Luckily
> this was fixed
> quite quickly and usually all following installer releases were fixed
(for
> example it applied to the K-Lite codec packages).

Tried - and failed with an administrative user "test". settings test is
odd:
"Executing as test" -> OK
"Connecting to \\wpkg....\wpkg.js as <domain>\wpkg" -> OK
"Trying to read \\wpkg....\wpkg.js" -> FAIL -> Access denied...

this doesn't make much sense, because
a) I can read the file perfectly on a cmd shell as user "test"
b) Service (and the WPKG script) runs perfectly if you turn off the
"RunAs" function and change the service itself to not start as SYSTEM but
as user "test". (go into services.msc, Log-On tab and change user from
"Local system" to the dedicated wpkg-user).

So something with the RunAs-funktionality integrated into the WPKG-Client
does not work as I expected it to :(

Best Regards
        Heiko