[wpkg-users] psexec could not start. access is denied

Troy Hamilton troy.a.hamilton at gmail.com
Thu May 20 17:35:02 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:16 PM, <jtgloria at cais.unimas.my> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I have run psexec -u mydomain\adminuser -p mypassword @hosts.xml -d -s -i
> \\myserver\wpkg\wpkg.js /qb SETTINGSFILE=\\myserver\settings.xml
>
> BUT it prompted me psexec could not start \\myserver\wpkg\wpkg.js on
> mycomputer.  Access is denied.
>
> How to troubleshoot this matter??  Pls help.. Thanks

Gloria,

Does the "Domain Computers" group have read and execute permissions at both
the share and filesystem level for "\\myserver\wpkg"?  At least on an Active
Directory domain, the "Everyone" or "Domain Computers" group needs
read/execute access at the share level, and the "Everyone" or "Domain
Computers" group needs read/execute access for the "wpkg" directory (ntfs
permissions).

In order to test this, open a command prompt running as the SYSTEM user on
one of your workstations:  http://wpkg.org/SYSTEM_user_Command_Prompt

Then, try to list the directory in which wpkg.js resides:

dir \\myserver\wpkg

If you get "Access is denied," then the permissions are not set correctly.

Cheers,

--Troy