[wpkg-users] psexec could not start. access is denied

Troy Hamilton troy.a.hamilton at gmail.com
Fri May 21 23:20:35 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org>wrote:

> Am 20.05.2010 17:35, Troy Hamilton wrote:
>
>  In order to test this, open a command prompt running as the SYSTEM user
>> on one of your workstations: http://wpkg.org/SYSTEM_user_Command_Prompt
>>
>> Then, try to list the directory in which wpkg.js resides:
>>
>> dir \\myserver\wpkg
>>
>> If you get "Access is denied," then the permissions are not set correctly.
>>

> And when permissions are fixed, it still will not work I think?
>
> I.e. \\myserver\wpkg\wpkg.js should be started with "cscript" interpreter.

Yes, wpkg.js should still be executed by the cscript interpreter.  In my
case I use the recommended wpkg.bat included in the wpkg download.

In my environment, when the permissions are set correctly, the SYSTEM
account is able to list the share's directory contents with the dir
command.  We have, however, explicitly added all of our fileservers "trusted
domains" list under
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\ZoneMap\Domains, so that might be why others would have different
results.

Cheers,

--Troy