[wpkg-users] logon - no notification shown, no delay active

Ingo Arndt arndt.i at sps-berlin.de
Thu Nov 4 19:09:34 CET 2010

Hello,

I am new to wpkg and currently using it to distribute firefox to some
workstations in my network. (win xp pro clients, win 2008 domain server
with active directory using group policies to distribute other msi
software packes).

The firefox software gets installed fine with wpkg but I would like to
have the users not able to logon until the install is finished.

Configuration of the clients:
Path, users:
WPKG paramters: "/synchronize /nonotify /quiet"
Execution context: user: system

Logon settings:
"At system startup", Logon delay: "10"

The messenger service is disabled on the clients.

What do I have to do to get the logon delay working
so they are only able to login when the installation has finished and
and having a "WPKG Software Deployment" message shown to them ?

Regards
Ingo Arndt
--

http://www.sps-berlin.de